There are two temperature scales involved in the conversion of 100 degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit.
100 degrees Celsius(°C)
212 degrees Fahrenheit(°F)
100 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
Two common scales used to measure temperature are Degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit. Celsius scale is mostly used by countries worldwide as part of the Metric system while Fahrenheit is mostly used in the United States for scientific calculations. The primary purpose of the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales is to measure temperature. However, they use different numbers to show a particular temperature reading.
The scales rise at different rates and start with different temperature readings. For example, as water freezes, the temperature clicks at 0° Celsius while the Fahrenheit scale will start at 32°F. When making a comparison with the boiling point of water, the normal pressure in degrees Celsius is 100°C while Fahrenheit will read 212°F. These readings give a difference of 100 degrees apart in Celsius and 180 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale.
To determine the conversion from degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit;
180/100 can be simplified as 9/5 or shown in decimals as 1.8
The method used in converting 100 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit will be; multiply the temperature reading by 9/5 or alternatively by 1.8 and then add the result to 32.
Celsius to Fahrenheit Converter
100 degrees Celsius(°C) = 212 degrees Fahrenheit(°F)
100°C = 212°F is the standard principle used in the conversion. Therefore, 20 degrees Celsius is equivalent to 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
T (°F) = T (°C) x 9/5 + 32 is the method for converting degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit.
Convert 100 degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit
T (°F) = 100 °C x 9/5 + 32
= 212 °F
Other methods that work
First, you will multiply the temperature reading in degrees Celsius by 2. Deduct 10% from the result and then add 32 to get the temperature reading in Fahrenheit.
Using the above example;
100 x2 = 200
Less 10% of 200 (20) = 180
180 + 32 = 212°F
- Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion
- Fahrenheit to Kelvin conversion
- Fahrenheit to Rankine conversion
- Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion
- Celsius to Kelvin conversion
- Celsius to Rankine conversion
- Kelvin to Fahrenheit conversion
- Kelvin to Celsius conversion
- Kelvin to Rankine conversion
- Rankine to Fahrenheit conversion
- Rankine to Celsius conversion
- Rankine to Kelvin conversion
- 0 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
- 10 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
- 20 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
- 30 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit