10 Best Water Filter Pitchers
There are several risks associated with drinking tap water as it contains many contaminants and harmful elements. One of the essential elements of a healthy home is having a high-quality water filter. It makes the water safe for drinking while keeping you hydrated once again. Water filters pitchers encourage you to drink more water as it is associated with better diets and guarantees your general health.
There are a few factors you need to consider whether your water has an unpleasant taste or you are ready to invest in a water filter pitcher. Choosing the right size is one of the essential elements for starters. A variety of pitchers hold between 6 to 10 cups of water but there may be smaller or larger sizes. Others have been designed with sleek profiles so that they can fit perfectly into the spaces on refrigerator doors.
What about the type of filter? Most pitchers filter out the odor and taste of chlorine, copper, and lead. Some would filter little or more of the contaminants in water. During the filtration process, many filter pitchers maintain magnesium and calcium to keep the water flavor natural and balanced. You will find others that are simple and they can either break or make your purchase decision.
It is always important to have unique ideas of what to buy for your water treatment. After a thorough research, we came up with a list of pitchers that meet the demands of most buyers. They are made from reputable companies that have been around the market for some time. Here is our list of the 10 best water filter pitchers you can buy.
Best Water Filter Pitchers
|Aquagear (Editor’s Pick)||2400-Cups||No|
|Aquasana Powered Filtration System||8-Cups||Yes|
|Brita Walter Filter Pitcher||10-Cups||No|
|pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher||1500-Cups||Yes|
|Zero Water Cup Pitcher||10-Cups||No|
|PUR 18 cup dispenser||18-Cups||No|
|CamelBak Relay Pitcher||10-Cups||No|
|Nakii Pitcher||7.5 Cups||No|
|The Alkaline Water Pitcher||10-Cups||No|
|LeDoux Waters Filter Pitcher||10-Cups||No|
The Aquagear is 100% recyclable and was designed to remove fluoride, chlorine, lead and other contaminants in water. It removes heavy metals while leaving behind healthy trace minerals in the purified water. It is advisable to use water from municipal treated sources and not from the wells or ponds. You can always recycle the filters when the flow slows down to a trickle.
However, you won't have to replace them very often because of their superior quality. It produces up to 150 gallons of water and the filters can always be recycled too. It is made with FDA approved food grade materials.
100% BPA-free, 150 gallons of water, lifetime guarantee, made in the USA, five-stage filters, and exceeds the NSF standards for contaminant reduction. It is also 100% recyclable with 100% FDA approved materials.
- It has been rigorously tested to meet the NSF standards for contaminant reduction (42 and 53)
- It can remove 2000% more contaminants than other models
- It has a premium design for health and sustainability
- It has a lifetime guarantee that allows you to replace the filter in case of a technical damage.
- Has same-day customer support to answer any queries.
- The high-quality filters can produce up to 150 gallons of water.
- It retains calcium and magnesium for balanced flavors
- It has recyclable filters
- It is a bit bulky which makes it difficult to pour
- It comes in only one color
- It doesn't have a filter change indicator
2. Aquasana Powered Filtration System
This system uses multiple levels of filtration including catalytic carbon, mechanical filtration, activated carbon, and ion-exchange. This means that Aquasana powered filtration system not only reduces chemicals but also harmful bacteria. The fact that it is powered by electricity means that it can filter a full pitcher in lesser time than most other models.
The bucket and power base are very narrow and you can easily fit them on a shelf or under a cupboard. The manufacturers claim that Aquasana Powered Filtration System removes 96% of chlorine and chloramines. It also removes cysts like giardia and heavy metals that contaminate your drinking water.
8 Cups, Superior filtration, professional grade performance, ultra-fast filtration, longest lasting filter and uses power to filter fast.
- It has a professional grade filtering that uses ion exchange resin and carbon.
- It is powered to ensure a faster filtration.
- It has a one year warranty which offers buyers' protection in case of technical problems.
- No plumbing installation required
- It produces pure water which is safe for drinking
- It has a slim design for easy storage
- The water pump lid allows you to keep water on the dispenser or counter when needed.
- It indicates whether the filter needs to be changed by blinking red or steady red.
- It is expensive
- It requires power
- It can be noisy when filtering
- Higher cost than most of the filter pitchers
3. Brita 10-cup everyday water filter pitcher
It is an easy-to-use pitcher with all basic features that are necessary for providing safe and clean water for drinking at home. The oval design has been optimized to save on space when placed on the counter or refrigerator. It is easier and lighter to hold with its convenient 10-cup capacity design. It is equipped with an inbuilt standard handle for convenience.
The common chemicals found in the tap such as zinc aftertastes, cadmium, chlorine and mercury can be separated by its contaminant removal process. Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher is made of BPA free materials that prevent health issues that are associated with plastic products. This system will provide you a whopping amount of 39 gallons of water.
10-cup capacity, BPA-free materials, sticker filter indicator, easy-to-use filter, easy fill lid, compact design and a sturdy handle.
- The sticker filter indicators notify you the best time to change the water filter.
- It reduces chlorine taste and odors as well as other heavy metals such as cadmium, mercury, and copper
- It is easy to use with simple functionalities to learn.
- It has a locking lid that ensures no-spill refilling
- It has a comfortable grip for easy pouring
- It is made of BPA-free materials.
- It lacks a flip lid thus you need to change the lid on your own.
- It is only available in white color
- It has a sticker filter indicator that can come off if it loses touch.
4. pH Restore alkaline water pitcher
This pitcher was designed to raise the pH of the water to healthy alkaline levels. It produces great tasting and healthy mineral water. The beauty part of having this pitcher is that it adds essential minerals such as zinc, iron, and calcium in the water. It is also effective in eliminating harmful pollutants from water such fluoride and chloride as well as heavy metals including arsenic and lead.
It uses an advanced combination of filtration method. It can minimize a big percentage of contaminants in water by combining coconut activated carbon, KDF, and micro filter nets. Most pitchers lack the ability to reduce the most complex metals which makes this brand hard to beat.
NSF certified, Digital gauge, easy-to-fill system, new enhanced filter design, 1500-cup capacity (36liters per PH001 filter/96 gallons).
- It reduces produces alkaline water that reduces acidity and inflammation. It also improves immunity and prevents disease.
- It comes with the Anti-Block, one of the latest technology filter material compound
- It has premium eco-friendly materials the fact that it is BPA free, FDA approved and SGS certified.
- It has a huge filter capacity of 1500 cups (96 gallons).
- It offers 100% satisfaction money back guarantee.
- It has a newly enhanced filter design
- It has a filter change reminder that lets you know when the filters need a replacement
- It comes with two cartridge filters that enhance the purity of water by removing heavy metals and other contaminants
- It is expensive compared to other models.
5. ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher
It boasts having a five-stage filtration system to offer the purest water for drinking. The ZeroWater filter pitcher uses BPA-free materials and can carry up to 10 cups of water. It uses both ion-exchange and carbon filtering capabilities. It can significantly reduce the number of dissolved elements that are present in water. This system has been certified by the NSF to reduce lead and other contaminants.
It is one of the most effective water filters pitchers that are available. According to the manufacturers, ZeroWater 10-cup pitcher reduces fluoride, pharmaceuticals, VOCs, arsenic, pesticides and certain metals. It is also meant for use with municipally treated and potable water. It is important to replace the ZeroWater filter after every two or three months.
10-cup capacity, 5-stage filtration system, Free TDS meter, one-handed spout, NSF certified, and BPA free.
- It ensures you get a cleaner, drinkable water with its battery-powered TDS meter.
- It takes out several contaminants with its 5-stage filtration system.
- You can conveniently keep it on the counter or fridge without the need of moving it during replenishment
- The filters are highly effective and remove more contaminants that several pitcher filters.
- The digital reading on the TDS meter allows you to determine when the filter needs a replacement.
- It removes 99.6% of dissolved solids.
- There is a 30-day warranty on the filter and 90-day warranty on the pitcher
- It doesn't remove all the microbiological contaminants
- It has a slow but clean filtering
6. PUR 18 cup dispenser with one pitcher filter DS
This super pitcher holds a whopping 1.125 gallons of water that pass through two-stage dispenser process. It is a space-saving appliance with a slim and sleek design. It is very easy to haul the pitcher from the skin with its convenient handles. The special fill-tray prevents any spillage by distributing water weight evenly.
The PUR 18 cup dispenser can remove up to 13 types of contaminants including 96% of mercury and 95% of certain industrial pollutants. It is a large capacity water filter that provides you with clean and safe water for drinking. It takes about two months to replace the low-cost filter.
18-cup capacity, special fill-tray, sleek design, 2-stage filtration system, convenient handle and the filter is replaced after every 40 gallons.
- It has a built-in filter-life gauge
- It has a large capacity of 1.125 gallons.
- It removes up to 13 contaminants
- It removes 95% of certain industrial pollutants and 96% of mercury.
- The filtration process reduces the chlorine taste and other odors
- The convenient handles make it easier to carry and refill
- The slim design optimizes the shelf space on the refrigerator.
- You may need to replace the filter often depending on the amount of water to be purified
- It removes some of the beneficial minerals
7. CamelBak Relay Pitcher
Consider the CamelBak Relay Pitcher is you are tired of waiting for a slow water filtering system. It is equipped with a double filter technology the allows for a faster filtration. It is one of the effective pitchers that provides you with a professional grade performance. It has been constructed with BPA-free materials and a locking lid that prevents frequent spills. It can fit perfectly in most refrigerators despite its 10-cup capacity.
This means that it can store up to ten cups of fresh water without sacrificing the valuable space in your fridge. You can always choose from a variety of colors that fit your kitchen theme or home décor. It is very easy to clean with a Bak Lifetime Guarantee.
10-cup capacity, space-saving design, Filters 10X faster, double filter technology, controlled pour, dishwasher safe, and a spill-proof locking lid.
- The space-saving properties and ergonomic design of the pitcher allow it to fit perfectly in most refrigerator doors.
- It is available in different colors and you can always choose your favorite.
- The double filter technology promotes a faster filtration
- The lifetime guarantee offers buyers' protection and increases consumer trust on the brand.
- It comes with a durable and BPA-Free Tritan
- The spill-proof locking lid prevents accidental or frequent spills
- It has a manual filter indicator
- You will have to turn the system to a 90-degree angle to pour water
8. Nakii Pitcher
The Nakii pitcher brings with it some impressive features the fact that is relatively new to the market. It has been tested by Water Quality Association (WQA) to meet strict standards for lead and chlorine reduction. It can reduce up to 97% of contaminants such as lead, sediment, mercury and organic compounds through the carbon fiber filter. It also reduces limescale by minimizing the hardness of water. Nakii Pitcher can last for up to 150 gallons of use.
The materials used in its compound are BPA free and have also been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). The slim, ergonomic design of the pitcher makes it fit perfectly in the refrigerator. It is sturdily built with a non-spill lid that prevents accidental spills. The wooden handle adds a touch of class to the pitcher.
7.5-cup capacity, BPA free and FDA approved, sturdily built, WQA certification, carbon-based filter media, sleek design, and a faster filtration.
- The pitcher can be placed on most fridge doors with its modern upscale pitcher design
- It promises fast filtration while delivering fresh clean water for drinking
- It is made with BPA free materials and approved by the Foods and Drugs Administration
- Its wooden handle and ergonomic design gives it a unique appearance
- It comes with extra-long-life filters
- It offers great value
- It has a lower capacity compared to other types of filters.
9. The Alkaline Water Pitcher
It is manufactured by Lake Industries, a reputable company that has been around for some time. It uses a 7-stage filter cartridge that ensures you get the purest water. It utilizes mineral balls, tourmaline, ion exchange resin, and carbon. All these stages work together to provide a great tasting water that is safe from chlorine and heavy metals such as copper, zinc, and lead. This filter makes water more alkaline by raising its Ph which is considered by many as healthy.
The pitcher was well designed and can fit in any refrigerator. The filters have a long lifespan as they can last around 2 months before then need for replacement. It features an easy to fill lid that allows for an easy pour spout, with a comfortable ergonomic handle. It is made of BPA free materials.
7-stage filtration system, BPA-free, Raises the water Ph, 10-cup capacity, sleek design, and micro-clustering technology.
- It is economical and environmentally friendly with the BPA-free materials.
- The alkaline water increases energy levels and immune system
- It has a slim unique design that can fit in any refrigerator.
- It helps improve hydration and the micro-clustered molecules make your body absorb more water easily.
- It utilizes a 7-stage cartridge that provides clean and safe water for drinking.
- It creates an amazingly delicious alkaline beverage by removing 90% of copper, lead, zinc, and pollutants.
- New drinkers may have side effects such as frequent urination.
- It leaves a white residue at the bottom of the container and glasses.
10. LeDoux Waters
The LeDoux waters provide an all-round performance and come with an attractive price tag. It features an LCD timer that indicates the optimal time of replacing the filters. According to the manufacturers, the filters can last for a period of 2 months before you think of replacing them. Unlike other brands, LeDoux waters offer 4 stages of filtration that removes toxins, chlorine, and heavy metals.
The water taste and odor are improved by the coconut shell activated carbon. The filters enhance the alkalinity of your purified water with a little effect on the Ph. The lid opens automatically when refilling the pitcher under the flow of water and closes automatically once it is full. LeDoux waters pitcher is comprised of all features you expect in a water filter pitcher.
4-stage filters, Universal filter housing, automatic lid, 10-cup capacity, LCD timer feature, special pour through a transparent lens.
- The LCD timer makes you aware of when to replace the filters. This ensures you drink clean and safe water.
- The universal filter cartridge fits in a variety of other brands.
- Drinking water passes through 4 filtration stages to ensure that all heavy metals, ugly chlorine taste, and toxins are removed.
- The pitcher can be filled easily since it has a special pour through the transparent lens.
- The filters have a decent lifespan and you can change them after 2 months.
- It is not perfect for removing all odors
- There are situations where the top lid doesn't work as expected
- It might take some time to understand the LCD timer options