Celsius and Fahrenheit are common scales used to measure temperature.
20 degrees Celsius(°C)
68 degrees Fahrenheit(°F)
Celsius and Fahrenheit are common scales used to measure temperature. Although both of them are used in many countries worldwide, the Fahrenheit scale is mostly used in the United States. The only difference between the two is that they use different numbers to show a particular temperature reading. For example, the freezing point of water is measured in 0° Celsius which will be shown in Fahrenheit as 32° F. The scales start at different numbers which mean you have to add or subtract the temperature by 32 to get the other reading.
The boiling point of water at normal pressure is measured at 100° Celsius and will be indicated in Fahrenheit as 212° F. It gives a difference of 100 degrees apart in the Celsius scale and 180 degrees apart in the Fahrenheit scale. To determine the reading of the other scale, we will have to multiply by 100/180.
If you want to convert the temperature in degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit;
180/100 can be simplified as 9/5 or shown in decimals as 1.8
The method used in converting 20 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit will be; multiply the temperature reading by 9/5 or 1.8 and then add the result to 32.
Celsius to Fahrenheit Converter
20 degrees Celsius(°C) = 68 degrees Fahrenheit(°F)
20°C = 68°F is the standard principle used in the conversion. Therefore, 20 degrees Celsius is equivalent to 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
T (°F) = T (°C) x 9/5 + 32 is the method for converting degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit.
Convert 20 degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit
T (°F) = 20 °C x 9/5 + 32
= 68 °F
Other methods that work
First, you will multiply the temperature reading in degrees Celsius by 2. Deduct 10% from the result and then add 32 to get the temperature reading in Fahrenheit.
Using the above example;
20 x2 = 40
Less 10% of 40 (4) = 36
36 + 32 = 68°F
- Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion
- Fahrenheit to Kelvin conversion
- Fahrenheit to Rankine conversion
- Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion
- Celsius to Kelvin conversion
- Celsius to Rankine conversion
- Kelvin to Fahrenheit conversion
- Kelvin to Celsius conversion
- Kelvin to Rankine conversion
- Rankine to Fahrenheit conversion
- Rankine to Celsius conversion
- Rankine to Kelvin conversion
- 0 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
- 10 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
- 30 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit
- 100 degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit